08 July 2008

I'm back!

Apologies for the long silence. I was in Ireland for 3 weeks and spending most of my time in fairly intensive lectures, so I didn't even try to read books or watch movies, let alone post about 'em, and just used my spare time to catch up on The Wire instead. The Wire, by the way, is a phenomenal show - I dunno that I'll ever write a review of it, but take my word for it - I've just finished season 3, and goddamn it's good.

Anyhow, I'm back now, and reading away, and updates are imminent. In the meantime, you may be interested in checking out Caterwaul Quarterly, a web magazine whose editorial board I somehow found myself on. It's online, it's free, and the first issue just came out. I haven't read it all yet, but what I have looked at has been good - I'm particularly fond of one of the short fiction pieces, called The Beard. There's also book review from yours truly, to tide you over until I start posting again, heh heh.

Also, incidentally, you may have noticed the Good Reads widget on the right there. I've recently persuaded a whole gang of friends of mine to join,  and oh man, it's great. By far my favorite online community. You should join (and friend me!) and persuade your friends to join, because it is really wonderful and fascinating to see what your friends are reading, what they think of various books, etc. It's a minimal amount of effort for a very high pay-off, in my opinion. 

No comments: