02 January 2009

Top 10

I'm not ready to unleash my top 10 movie list (a couple more movies I still wanna watch before deciding), but of the books I read last year - though most of them were released much earlier - here's my top 10:


1. Cutty, One Rock by August Kleinzahler
2. Seasons of Migration to the North, Tayeb Salih
3. The Good Terrorist, Doris Lessing
4. Tales From Bective Bridge, Mary Lavin
5. Grendel, John Gardner
6. The Great Man, Kate Christensen
7. A Spot of Bother, Mark Haddon
8. Gilead, Marilynne Robinson
9. The Rabbi's Cat (1+2), Joann Sfar
10. Zoo, Victor Shklovsky


Top 5 non-fiction:
1. Times Square Red, Times Square Blue
2. The Cheese and the Worms, Carlo Ginzburg
3. Radical Hope, Jonathan Lear
4. Where You're At, Patrick Neate
5. Harmful to Minors, Judith Levine

No comments: