08 October 2011

Anecdotes of Destiny and Ehrengard, by Isak Dinesen

Isak Dinesen (or Karen Blixen) is becoming one of my favorite writers. Her writing is just incredible. This is a collection of dense, fairy tale-like of stories, and they are absolutely marvelous. Each is intricate and complex, with these incredible twists and turns. None of the stories ever went the way you expected, but by the end you felt like all the pieces had fallen perfectly into place. Really masterful composition. And so beautiful!

I have a few other books of her waiting on the shelf, Out of Africa, Shadows on the Grass, and Winter's Tales - when I was packing my books for the move, I half wondered whether it was really wise to bring so many works by the same author, but now I'm so glad I did. I'm looking forward to slowly working my way through them all.

No comments: